Monday, September 10, 2012

The Violin and Lessons

Ever since I was a child I have loved music.
In elementary school I was required to play the Recorder, and did that until middle school, and I loved it. I played the ukulele for a short time as well in middle school. When I entered high school I tried to play the trumpet, and the clarinet, both horrible decisions, and a failure.
I had been singing since I was in grade 2 with the choir, and joined my church choir when I was around 13. Later in high school after going through two or three music teachers I learned piano, and the basic theory I should have known (all be it 8 years in 2 weeks, and it was awesome).
I have actually been out of connection with anything taught for at least a year or two.
In recent my inspiration has been Lindsey Stirling (check out her YouTube here). I have also always loved the violin. I purchased mine second hand, as a birthday/college program graduation & GPA goal met present. I have waited all summer for lessons, and started last night. I am doing good so far, and it sounds like notes coming from my violin not screeching kittens. I slammed my right hand pinkie in between my lock, and something on the locker so holding the bow tonight was a little difficult. I am going to have to get used to the placement, and I am taking the more rewarding, and harder route of learning the fingerboard placement, so it I isn't marked. I am also going to have to get used to holding it better as well.
I am super excited to learn, and I am just getting started.

I still have to name my violin, but this is me, and my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment