Tuesday, January 24, 2012

LIGHTS Concert with Nightbox Opening

LIGHTS with the opening act of Nightbox was in Fredericton January 19th, and Moncton January 21st.
I attended the standing concert in Fredericton which was held at the Boyce's Farmer's Market which is quite a large venue. The wait outside was very cold, and I could barely feel my feet when I got inside, and I also got two friends who were with me lost before hand (of course). I went with a group of five friends, and it was great. The venue unfortunately kicked everyone out before we could get autographs, or anything. I also had the problem of not being able to see so I sat on a booth to the side, and kept getting removed from it, and it was very frustrating as I am so short, and everyone else is so tall.
Moncton's performance was even better! I managed to score front row seats back in November for a friend, and myself. This time there was no cold wait outside, and we got in fairly early to be close to the front of the line. Nightbox was amazing there too, they did signings after their part but LIGHTS came on so I went back in. She asked us to stand, and we went forward to the stage. I pretty much freaked when she came on stage. She got us to sing "Drive My Soul" with her, and I had tears in my eyes. I did not get to high five her I was too short to reach her when she held her hand out. She did not stay for autographs at this one.
I hope she feels loved by the Maritimes because she has a lot of fans here.
I have never really heard of Nightbox before recently, and they are really good. I have know LIGHTS for quite a while though I can't remember when I first started liking her music. They were both superb performances, and if LIGHTS has another tour I hope she comes back to the Maritime provinces. (And of she does I hope she brings Owl City with her again.)
I now own all of LIGHTS CDs, and I bought Nightbox's music on iTunes. I also have the Tiger shirt.


Opening, and Encore from the Fredericton Show

Video Footage Filmed by: ThoughtsBySol


No comments:

Post a Comment