Friday, January 13, 2012

Semester Two On a Roll

The first week of semester two has ended.
I only have two of the same teachers, and I am in a different group from my friends. That is kind of good for me because now I am more focused again. A teacher I had last semester pointed this out for me.
The Creative Process course is where we work on our portfolios in the end, and a course where we learn how our own creative processes work. I bought a new sketchbook for this course (I love buying new sketchbooks). I drew something cute, and stuck it on the front.
For drawing I do not know if I am going to miss my drawing teacher from last semester because this semester I have someone to make me better without being a jerk. We started off with gesture drawings, which I did in high school at some point. The teacher reminds me of my high school art teacher.
I am going to miss my 2D Design teacher but I do like the new teacher I have for 3D Design. She is very passionate about design, and is very experienced in the field. She likes to ramble off topic. I am her spell checker, and she also has a time keeper, and a person who keeps her on topic.
History is history, and it is still with the same teacher. Reading the textbook, and then going to class makes it so boring!
Jewelry, and Metal Art I have been scared for but I really think I am going to enjoy it... Everything but the torches. We cut copper in patterns, and I did really good, and I did not break the saw blade which is incredibly thin, and tiny.
Textiles is going to be so much fun. I am making a silk, and felted scarf, and did the felting process today from wool. I am super excited to make scarves.
Textiles I am somewhat excited for.
I am going to miss having Mondays off but I do have Thursdays off, so I guess it is a nice break in the middle of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment