Monday, September 19, 2011

Ceramics Update, and Motivation

So far I am thoroughly enjoying ceramics. I had a small taste of it in high school but I did not enjoy it than, and made quite the atrocious looking teapot. I hated hand throwing at that point, but now I have a better grasp of it. I have done three textured masks, two Jomon pots (pots excavated from Japan, oldest in history), one soft slab vessel, and I am currently working on another which is going to be the reproduction of my ugly teapot from high school. These will be glazed, and hopefully posted after I finish them. From there I will learn a little wheel throwing.
We have seven weeks of each media, and I am really enjoying ceramics. I have another five to do; Graphic Design, Photography, Fashion Design, Textiles, and Jewelry/Metal Working. I am initially going to this school in hopes of Fashion Design, but I am open to the chance I might like something else better. Second semester we have two medias at once.
So the form I filled out wrong, I filled out wrong a second time. It is getting irksome because you would think after three years I would be able to fill out these forms... Apparently I can't.
I have been able to keep rather busy with my homework, and now I work both Saturday, and Sunday because I am the only Customer Sales Assistant left because everyone else has left, or have been fired in the most unprofessional way ever.
I wish I could have been this motivated a lot sooner sometimes but I realize this was the way it was meant to be. I love where I live. (Minus the issues with the one roommate living with me, and underneath me). This city has so much opportunity in it, and amazing schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment