Thursday, March 8, 2012

March Break, and Life Updates

I finally finished watching the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, I really don't know why someone didn't tell me to read them in middle school, or why I didn't see the movies until now. They are great though, and I love them.
We are over halfway down second semester. I am in Fashion, and Photography, and I was just in Metal Arts, and Textiles. I really enjoyed Metals though I would never be able to do that as a profession. I really enjoyed textiles, and my favourite was the surface designing which I am hoping to go into next year. I am doing black, and white photography on an old analog film camera, and I cannot wait to be in the dark room. Foundation year fashion is so boring, and I had a sewing machine that kept screwing up on me. I used a Surger for the first time, and I floored it no matter how careful I tried to be with it. I need to get my portfolio done soon.
I went home for the March Break to do Income Tax with my Father, and see my friends, because I do not know when I will be around home next. Tuesday I went to Lunch with one of my friend's mother because my friend is in another province, and I brought my iPod Touch along so she could Skype with her mother. :) We wandered around town a bit, and I seen a few people I was hoping not to see. I seen my cousin the next day, and her psycho lovebird. It decided to fly around my room, and preen my hair after landing on my head. I went to lunch with a Manager from the McDonald's back home as well. I went out with my friends that I have been friends with since Elementary school, one of them has an adorable son, and one is expecting. We went to lunch, and then went to one of their houses, and we could not get in apparently because she had the wrong key.
I ordered new lucky star origami paper. :) I am super excited because I do not like the current ones that I own. I am also making jellyfish weather charm plushies from Kuragehime (Jellyfish Princess), and they are so cute.
I can't get my own father to come, and get me from the city to bring me home for a few days, but he will drive me back to the city to get rid of me....
I went back earlier than expected because I was needed at work, and I never get called in so why not.
I get really tired of people complaining about their jobs/employers on FaceBook, and such because nine times out of ten they have other co-workers, or their employers on their FaceBook. I do get a good laugh out of some of them though.

I found a musician that really interests me; her name is Lindsey Stirling. She plays an electric violin, and her music ranges from country to hip-hop. She has done covers on several songs including music from The Legend of Zelda, and has her original music out as well. She is amazing, and inspiring. Check her out here! And I left a video below for you to check out too.

No comments:

Post a Comment