Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Hunger Games Movie Review

I finally seen the Hunger Games today, I was suppose to a week ago but was sick from whatever was circulating around the college. I have been seeing things all over Tumblr for it. I have read the books so I partially knew what to expect minus the stupid changes they always make when translating the book into a movie. I am really sad they cut out a lot of the reaping, and Madge giving Katniss the Mockingjay Pin, and several scenes throughout the movie that I can't remember momentarily.
Josh Hutcherson, Peeta Mellark's actor looked familiar so I looked him up on IMDB, and found out he was the main character in Bridge to Terabithia. I love that movie, and he was a cute kid then, but not so much now.
People freaking about the black actors first of all in the books Rue, and Thresh were describred as dark skinned so that was a given, and Cinna, it doesn't matter because they didn't explain him in the books, and he still looks hot. I love Seneca Crane, especially that beard, but his facial expressions to. Haymitch was not what I expected but it was great all the same.
This movie is rated PG so they omitted a lot of the good things they could have put in the movie was rated higher.
Despite all the dislikes I had for the movie I do actually like it, but I will always love the book more.
I am excited for Catching Fire because they want to make it better than the first movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment