Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Doesn't Feel Like Christmas This Year

Merry Christmas Everyone!
Christmas isn't what it quite used to be... It really doesn't feel like Christmas this year....
As a child I remember going to the neighbour's with my Grandmother when she was delivering presents, and we used to have such nice neighbours. My Grandfather would order Chinese, and we would have it together on Christmas Eve. On Christmas Day we would have supper at both of my Grandparent's house sometimes, and other times just one. I would get to see all my Uncle's, and Aunt's, my Mother's siblings too. My other Aunt, my Dad's Sister still comes down to see us.
It all fell apart though after my parents separated, and one of Grandfather's passed away, and my other Grandmother was placed in a Nursing Home. This all happened relatively around the same time too.
It hasn't snowed much, it has mostly been raining....
I love tradition, it's repetitive, yet beautiful, and keeps people together...

No comments:

Post a Comment