Friday, January 28, 2011

Busy in a Good Way

Two weeks ago I worked six days in a row so I didn't do a thing that week. I had time off this past week.
I went up, and checked the apartment, and I loved it; apparently the roommates are friends with someone I know, and are going to the same college I will be attending in the fall. I applied around at a few places, and my cousin is referring me at a few others. I was told by several places I could apply online, and even from McDonald's where I work, and I have seen the site a lot since it is on the receipts. Call me old fashioned but I believe in going in person, and dropping off everything. Life is falling into place finally. I almost got stranded at the transfer stop on the way home because it was storming, and they canceled all the buses for the rest of the day. My friend's father came to the rescue thankfully though, and I am so grateful. I already have a job interview so I went back Monday, I haven't had an interview in about three years since I got hired. It was a very quick interview, she asked short questions about my current job. Also, if you are in a situation like I was in if the staff tries to kick you out, that is ridiculous. I work in a restaurant setting, and I can't kick customers out after we are closed. Kicking me out in the middle of a storm when I am trying to figure out what is going on isn't right, I would have fought if they actually did, but they tried. I have to take the bus though I rather not... The train doesn't go through to that city but if it did I would be on the train rather than the bus.
The hotel I stayed in I got a good laugh at. I almost went flying walking across their shiny floors more than once. The alarm went off at five in the morning, so I was fidgeting around in the dark, and eventually turned it off. I roasted myself out because I didn't want to play to much with the heating. There was nothing interesting in any of the drawers, usually there is. :( It was a cheap, but lovely hotel.
So I was eating really old goldfish crackers, but I didn't get food poisoning, but honestly they tasted like the cupboard they were in. I know I said I learned my lesson about food, but what if their is no expiry date? Some stuff puts it in weird spots, and some don't even have expiry dates.
I was playing Tales of Symphonia with a friend, and Lord Botta wiped the floor with us. We used to be so good at that game too. We beat it several times, and now we suck at it. I lost my old memory card for the Gamecube so I bought a new one. I also tried playing the first Kingdom Hearts, and I have no clue what to do, and I am not even that far in the game. I miss gaming, that isn't World of Warcraft; speaking of which I almost posted in that blog instead of this one.
I finally got to hang out with a friend who I haven't hung out with in a while. Her schedule is always changing, and sometimes so is my mine; kind of like last week.
I hung out with my cousin, and we did what we do best. Talking, and reminiscing.
I went back up on Monday for my interview of course. I also checked out another apartment. I am going to have so much fun. I really like both apartments but I should really go for the cheaper one which I am. I met some really nice people in the process of looking for apartments. I managed to stop by my favourite store, and pick up a few plush toys, and another Yoshi for my collection. I picked up a copy of Black Ops for my brother since the first copy was destroyed. I ended up staying in the hotel I stayed in last week. I really love that hotel. I was in the room across from where I was last time. I pretty much roasted myself out with the heater because I left them as high as they could go in both rooms. The alarm didn't go off this time but I woke up at 5am, and rolled across the bed. I came back early because it is suppose to storm sometime between tonight, and tomorrow. My friend did my nails for me, and we talked about random things as well. It has been pretty good. I can't believe I will be moving in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment