Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

I was kept so busy this past week working on Halloween stuff. Halloween is a huge even for the school. Every year there is a haunted house competition for all the studios, and usually the foundation year joins a studio since they don't usually get a place. This year was different; the foundation year got the student lounge, and worked with another studio which have a room in the other building which is still under construction. We did an Insane Asylum, and I got to be a guide. It was great fun though with our practice run through one of our zombies grabbed me, and I screamed. I wore my purple plaid Lolita outfit too. I also wore my glasses which I normally don't do with my Lolita outfits.
All the studios but two did a haunted house, and I went to two out of three, or four. They were really good. There were some great scares. There were other haunted houses in the city, and there was one I went to last year that was amazing but I didn't get to go to any other haunted houses. The only one I went through was the studio to win, and it was amazing. They did Fiber Hell as a theme.
Friday was Costume Contest Day. I was rather excited for this. I did a coordination Lolita of "Candy Princess." I wore my Metamorphose Candy Land Popping Balloons dress with the alice bow, socks, pink mary-janes, my wig, and a few other accessories that matched the theme. I even hunted down a cupcake shaped lollipop. I won most creative, and my roommate also won a title as well. This isn't a very flattering photo but it was the only one taken.
I watched the Nightmare Before Christmas on Friday evening with my roommates since I have never seen it before. I have to say I liked it. There are so many movies I haven't seen, because I never got to see them as a kid.
We went to a costume contest Saturday night, and it was great fun. Before this happened we had an episode of the downstairs cat escaping so we ran around in the dark looking for the cat which we eventually caught. I wore a maid costume, and I realized that it left black dye all around my waist, and where it stopped on my arms.  
Did Trick-or-Eat Monday night on the official Halloween date. This was my first time attending the event. I only borrowed my roommate's cat ears. It was a lot of fun, and I was in an outside part of the city I have never been to before. Another group's route overlapped ours so we walked for a bit, and then got lost. We did make it back to the car, and dropped our food off, and then the bus came. I met some new people seeing as my roommate found us a group to join. 
As of Friday it has officially been a year since I left university to follow something more my style, and that I got accepted to where I am currently going. I couldn't be happier. I have made some great new friends, and I am learning so much. 
I got a new brand of contact lenses, and they are a lot more comfortable. They are easier to insert, but I find them quite difficult to remove. I even have new cleaning solution with a contraption that scares me. It is mostly the solution, because I have seen, and heard the horror stories of the solution. I might be able to get coloured lenses, and my doctor will look into it. I am so happy, I may be limited to colour, but oh well. All the time my hopes go up, and down with this subject it gets really hard sometimes but I haven't given up yet.
Now it is time to let my body rest as I am beginning to get sick. I still have to focus on schoolwork though.

No comments:

Post a Comment