Saturday, August 20, 2011

Final Summer Trip Home

The complete date of my trip home was altered due to work, what else would cause it.
I went home Wednesday after the boss BlackBerry Messaged me to tell me it was dead, and he was cutting my shift. He said enjoy your day off. I was actually ready for work, just about ready to leave too. Of course I was scheduled to work Sunday, there usually isn't a week where I am not so I had to leave Saturday afternoon.
I just started throwing stuff in a bag to bring home, and then I had to stop myself, and re-pack everything. In my hurry I forgot the present for my friend's adorable little baby boy.
I traveled by bus of course. Acadian is the bus line that runs through the Maritimes; meaning New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. Quebec has Orléans. The Quebec bus has Wi-Fi Internet, and leather seats, the leather seats I do not like. I like the Acadian bus line seats better though. Coming home I ended up on two different Orléans buses, and I do not like the leather seats. I had my fun with them again because my departure day I waited for the bus for an hour because it was late out of Montreal again. I wish I could take the train, I love the train, and miss it dearly.
It was rather nice compared to the last time I was home. Thursday was absolutely beautiful, and I had a nice walk around town, and found some people I was looking for. Visits to my favourite diner occurred almost every day but one. Most of the day was spent sitting on a picnic bench talking with friends. Friday I had another friend over, and we reminisced the past, and I dug out and old VHS of anime taped off YTV when I was 13. It wouldn't be a Friday night home if the Brat Pack didn't go out for Karaoke. ♥ Two of us spent the night before listing off songs. It was so much fun, and so many people were there. Saturday was very short lived. :( I went with a friend for a bit then went, and met up with my two friends. I met my friend's baby boy, and he is absolutely precious. One of them told me I would be next to have a kid, and I don't think so. I met up one more time with the Brat Pack, and we took pictures before I left.
In the end though I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to see, including another family member.
My plan is to not go home again until Christmas.
I am going to miss my dear friend who will be leaving for school far away. Hopefully we will see each other at Christmas time.
The college school year starts in a week, and orientation is Friday. I am so excited, and nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment