Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hurricane Irene & The Beginning of Classes

Last time I was going to post I was logged out, and I lost everything so here we go again.
I will start my post off by saying Irene is probably the worst hurricane I have seen in years, and where I live we were right at the edge of that path. I have been in a lesser hurricane like that, and thought it would be nothing. We lost power around 11 Sunday night. My roommates, and I lit candles, and hung around in the living room. We ended up camping there that night. Having no electricity, and lacking food that could be eaten as is, the next day we ordered food from an amazing pizzeria. We finally got the power back Tuesday evening thankfully.
I am setting my priorities straight, and have managed to really organize myself for the year which will be really helpful. I have set goals, and plans to get everything done in a timely, and less stressful manner.
I started class Tuesday, and thankfully we only had two classes with icebreaker introductions of ourselves. I hate speaking aloud. My favourite class so far is Colour study, we are going to using Gouache paints, but I don't really know how I feel about those at the moment. I also have History, 2D Design, Drawing, Communications, and Ceramics (only seven weeks). I like the History class because it is set up like a university course where you have lecture than tutourial. The Communications class is a grammar, and how to use Microsoft Office, and since I was in high school I have taken several courses with that as the component, and the same with one university course, it just won't leave me alone!
I made a new friend which is surprising, and different for nervous, and shy me. She is very nice, and we have History together. I thought I wouldn't make any friends because I didn't really make any friends at university because they were all fake.
I am unfortunately on year three of annoyance with Student Loans. I have never been so irritated. They never even contacted me to tell me that I had filled out part of my form wrong. I am also currently working on all their forms that I have to fill out.

No comments:

Post a Comment