Thursday, August 11, 2011

First Tattoo

Monday was my tattoo appointment though it was suppose to be the week before on Tuesday after the long weekend. They forced the artist doing my tattoo to go on vacation, and I luckily got my appointment this week. All her references were moved on her too, and luckily I had thought ahead, and printed out a copy. I was very excited, and nervous. I was more scared when I first booked the appointment.

My original design was a lot simpler, and smaller than I spotted these, and decided on them.

Getting the stencil on, and aligned took a few minutes but they are aligned perfectly.

This tattoo was a three hour process, and it was done while I was sitting backwards in a chair. The right side of my back at times I didn't feel anything but I when I did feel it it wasn't that bad. My left side on the other hand hurt quite a bit.
The healing will be a bit since I have quite the case of sensitive skin, and have had it ever since I was a baby. I opted for Lubriderm which is highly recommended if you do not get the Tattoo Goo. The lotion will burn though, and depending on how bad your skin is it can burn a lot. I completely follow the instructions given to me, I rather not risk damage, and such. Getting the bandages off was quite difficult due to the fact it was on my back, and taped awkwardly, and I still have adhesive on my back from the tape. In my case it burned so bad the first time. The healing process can take one to three weeks. I am hoping for a shorter time span of healing.
My awesome roommates, and one of their friends came along to watch, and I am glad someone came along.
Tattoos always mean something to people as well. To me these represent freedom. I enjoy the detail on the wings, it gives them a soft feathery look. I don't know if I will ever get another tattoo, we'll see what the future brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment