Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Weekend Back Home :)

I was so excited to go home this weekend, and I am so glad I did. :)
I got home Friday, and much to my dismay I had the bus driver who is not very nice after I transferred buses, and had him again tonight on my way back.
I hoped off the bus excitedly, and when I did I stopped because there was someone familiar putting gas in their car, after a stare down that lasted a minute, or two I realized it was my high school French teacher from grade 10, and 11. After talking with him I ran across the road to go visit my old co-workers. I was greeted by a friend who snuck up behind me while talking to the workers at the gas station who I am familiar with, I still remember their coffee orders. I also remember quite a few of the other regular's orders.
After this I went downtown to go meet some friend's at my favourite old school diner. My Dad parks in the bar parking lot, and a friend who is at the bar comes out, and jokingly yells at me so I proceed to do it back jokingly. I go in to find my cousin, and a few other people I haven't seen in forever. I also check to see if the karaoke DJ is there, and he is so we joke around for a few minutes. After hanging out with friends at the diner, I head back to the bar just for a round of karaoke, and to be around friends. I ended up going home after this, and got a full night's sleep since I didn't have to work in the morning.
Saturday morning I got up to a bunch of notices on my phone; facebook messages, and text messages. Dad took me to see the damage to his work place because the roof caved in, and the damage is insane. We then went, and visited my Grampy who turned 93. :) He currently has Pneumonia, and Pleurisy in one lung but he seems to be doing okay. I was glad to come home, and see him. My Aunt also came down. We went to the Farmer's Market; I wanted sushi but they sold the last one as I came in it would have been better if I had went earlier, oh well. Went to my first ever Bridal Shower for a friend, and it was a lot of fun, and the food was amazing! I felt nervous because I didn't know many people there, but I did know a few. I hung out with another friend later, and we talked about a whole bunch of stuff. :)
Sunday I didn't set my alarm properly, and no one was around to wake me up so I didn't get up in time for church. :( Next time I am home I am going. So I traded Pokémon with my brother since we have opposite versions. It was fun. I then went out for lunch with two friends at Pizza Delight. They have really good paninis.
The bus ride home was longer than usual, and I am sore from sitting weird. I now have at least one umbrella :), my hair dryer, and metal hangers so I am satisfied. Though I left my tub of cookie dough in the fridge again. :( I'll grab it in two weeks time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment